Python-iView

30 August 2009

This page removed at the request of the ABC’s legal department. Read the notice here. (2 page PDF)

To those that have e-mailed me asking why the download is broken, this is why.

ppirefund.co.uk

429 replies

• Garry says:

Hi Jeremy, It’s a good thing the ABC legal Department haven’t a clue about software, source-code, etc. Thank you for making the information available for all to use. One of these days the powers that be will wake up and understand the world they live in. Anything I can do to help spread the word, let me know. Best wishes.

• philip says:

this is a sad day as now i cant watch the shows on my tablet unless i view through there site which uses a large chuck out my monthly download, look like i will fine something else to watch on my break

• Keith says:

Jeremy.
    Perhaps you should see this as an opportunity to work with the ABC to provide (a modified version of) python-iview to everyone via the ABC web site. They could advertise it as a service to linux users everywhere. At the same time you could perhaps mention the concept of html5 :-)
    And a thankyou to Garry (above) for alerting the ABC legal dept to other possibilities ; ie that their work is not yet done :-(

• Jeremy says:

Tried it. No avail.

The problem is not that Python-iView unofficial. The problem is that Python-iView does things that the ABC doesn’t want it to do.

An “official” version of Python-iView would be useless, because it would lose the very features that makes it worthwhile.

• Ray Carbuhn says:

Thank you from one of the non win world
    Ray

• Manskills says:

Ah! that sucks. My brother is serving with the army overseas and was on a abc broadcast on anzac day, my family want to save it for ever and ever, but maybe not.. would be great if you could save content, even if it was selected. Thanks for making the code, interesting letter you received, would love to have it contested in court – just like a modern day VCR.

• Quang Le says:

Hmm! What’s on earth ABC try to do? Is ABC broadcast free to air? People can record via TV turner on their PC/Laptop anyway. The point is we trying to reduce internet load.